Friday, December 22, 2006

A Change Of Attitude

This past election shows that there are enough people paying attention to everything to show up to the polls and vote. Too bad we only had Democrat or Republican to choose from but that is the way it is set up right now.

That can be changed. Bob Barr is now exploring and trying to organize the Libertarian Party to better identify the Party. I will be interested to see and hear what the Libertarians have to offer. So far that Party has leaned too close to Anarchy for my tastes.

Anyway, my optimism has been renewed since the November elections. I no longer feel that the voters are numb to everything going on. It is obvious by this past election that there are many, like me, that are fed up with our government and want to take back over control of it.

Thanks fellow voters. You have renewed my faith in this country's citizenry. I have a much more optimistic outlook for our future. Now we have to deal with the element that is creeping into our society. It is Nationalism. This country was based on equality for anyone that will pledge allegiance to our country. Whether a person is atheist or a person believes in multiple gods and everyone in between, we are all citizens of the United States of America. We should work and play together. We should learn from each other so as to understand the rest of the world.

We cannot allow the faction that is growing in this country that is trying to divide us according to color, race, creed. We are all one people of this country and we need to remember that.

More on this later but I just wanted to thank all of you that bothered to vote. It shows that this country is not beaten down as I was starting to believe.

jayeye

No comments: